This is the class that will prepare you to audition and work in TV Sitcoms!
We welcome this 70’s sitcom Legend. Best know for his role as Jack Tripper’s best friend, the warm hearted Larry Dallas in the classic series, ‘Three’s Company.’ Richard’s credentials extend much further, appearing in Adam Sandler’s “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry,” as well as Broadway’s “Liberace”.
His directing credits and regional theater are both impressive and numerous. This is always a popular class and we’re happy to have Richard back!
In this class the following topics are covered:
- General discussion of the demands of playing comic as opposed to dramatic material.
- Interactive participation with exercises designed to reinforce the techniques employed in performing comedic material such as: “set-up” “punch” “rhythm” & “timing”
- Group scenes to experience “ensemble” acting
- Assignment of short scenes taken from theater and television. Students are rehearsed by Mr. Kline and then their scenes are put on camera for review.
- A wrap-up discussion of the process of marketing, auditioning, performing in the professional setting.
Questions regarding the class email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 646-543-3669