Feld Entertainment is holding nationwide auditions for its touring arena spectacular 'Jurassic World Live' featuring life-size dinosaurs in a dramatic feature-style production. Rehearsals begin in July 2019 with a full-time touring schedule beginning in September.
Feld Entertainment is seeking male and female action performers puppeteers - full body and remote operation and actors for the touring arena spectacular Jurassic World LIVE TOUR based on the global blockbuster films of the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World franchises. Ideal candidates would be fit and athletic performers from a range of heights, ages and ethnicities, possess stage combat and puppetry or character costume experience in addition to training in one or more of the following disciplines: harness flying, parkour or motorcycle riding: freestyle trials, motocross and tricks are a plus. Stunt training and experience with high falls is a plus.
Open Call in Los Angeles, CA: Sat., 5/18
- REGISTRATION - 3:30PM - 4PM. All performers are required to arrive within this registration period to complete pre-audition paperwork. Warm-up space will be available during this time.
- WARM UP, FLOOR EXERCISES, OBSTACLE COURSE - 4PM - 5:30PM. Come prepared to play. This strenuous series of audition exercises will test your physical skills, acting and improv skills.
- PUPPETRY ASSESSMENT - 5:30PM - 7PM. Utilizing hand puppets and a soundtrack, participants will be assessed on their ability to embody the creature, lip sync and express the story of the brief scene.
- CALL BACK / GROUP SEQUENCE - 7PM - 8:30PM. Some performers may be asked to participate in an additional assessment of show-specific skills during this time block.
Other Dates: Rehearses in the summer and begins full-time touring in September, 2019. Auditioning for ongoing talent pool should replacements be needed during the tour.
- We only cast from our live auditions. Any video or other email submissions will be considered supplemental to the live audition.
- Demo reels or performance videos of stunts or tricks that are unable to be demonstrated at the audition should be sent to email@example.com
- Performers with character costume or large puppetry experience are welcome to submit supplemental video of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org - No pre-registration is needed. Arrive during the registration period on the day of the audition.
- Bring to the audition a non-returnable headshot and resume.
- All performers will be asked to learn any combination of basic stage combat routine, demonstrate upper body strength and physical movement ability, and be assessed on acting, basic stunt skills and ability to take direction and work with others. Some performers may be asked to demo puppetry skills.
- Compensation is competitive and will be discussed at the time of contracting. Includes full benefits, travel and lodging. Contract lengths vary.
Note: All performers must be capable of operating or learning to operate in all three categories: Acting, Action/Movement, and Puppetry. Each track in the show involves all three. There are no single skill track lines or 1 dimensional track lines within the show.