An award-winning, action-packed 4 session On-Camera Commercial boot-camp class! Every aspect of the commercial business is discussed and every actor is working in front of a camera in a real casting studio to perfect their commercial audition technique! After each week, a copy of your on-camera work will be sent to you for review or marketing.
Nov. 27, Dec. 4, 11, 18 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Pearl Studios, 500 8th Ave.
Questions about this class? Contact our Artistic Director at: Tina@NYCastings.com
or call/text 646-577-7553.
or call/text 646-577-7553.
Within these four weeks, you will cover:
- Coaching on audition materials; monologues.
- Cold read with a reader and sides that will be provided for you.
- How to prep, make strong choices w/little script if any to refer to in a short period of time.
- Legit auditions for shows established vs new media not produced.
- The business of the biz – How to cut through the “noise” of all of the other auditions the client has to surf through.
- Getting the most out of subscriptions to the audition sites and what you should and shouldn’t spend time and money on.
- Pet Peeves and advice of what works and shines from those looking to hire you from an insider’s POV.
- Interview skills when given an opportunity to meet with CDs, agents and managers, and what they are really looking for after a long day off new talent appointments.
- “Self Taping “ auditions and pit-falls from a CD, Director’s and Producer’s POV of what works to get you through the crowd and what will kill your submission in a heart beat. How to properly submit wether it be an MP3 or MV4.
- What type of camera to self tape with, the environment and simple quality of how to shoot. An example to address: “I’ll have my roommate who is in finance shoot me while being my reader”.
- Review of headshots and resumes
Ms. Gans has spent her life in the industry beginning as a dancer, actress, and for the past 20 years as a Casting Director. She is a full time Casting Director of Stark Naked Production’s casting team working in film, theatre, television, industrials, voice-overs and commercials. Recent projects include the independent film “Adrift” and NYMF musical “Children Of Salt” and “Manuel vs. The Statue of Liberty”. Independent film “Ilegales”, “All Night Bodega”, “The Final Patient”, “Blue Diner” and film short “Quitos”, on Broadway “Latinologues” and for television the series “Breaking Vegas” for the History Channel and “Sensing Murder” for the Discovery Channel and many episodes of “Unsolved Mysteries.
Current commercial projects include voice over and on-camera commercials for Optimum, Johnnie Walker, Mercedes, Wendy’s, TD Bank. Stark Naked Productions casts for general market projects and is also the busiest Hispanic market casting office in New York, casting for everything from feature to small art films, from Broadway Theatre to local playhouses. Ms Gans is always in search of new faces and talent to compliment each casting project.
Ms. Gans is also considered one of the best voice over casting directors in New York auditioning and working with major celebrities for major advertising endorsement commercials in both English and Spanish. She is a member of New York Women in Film & Television.