This is the class that will prepare you to audition and work in TV Sitcoms as The Studio at NYCastings proudly welcomes this 70’s sitcom legend!
Richard is best know for his role as Jack Tripper’s best friend, as the warm hearted Larry Dallas in the classic series, ‘Three’s Company.’ But! His credentials extend much further, appearing in Adam Sandler’s “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry,” as well as Broadway’s “Liberace”, “the Wizard from Wizard of OZ,” and many more!
So get ready to learn a lot, while you laugh a lot, and prepare to showcase your sitcom scene in front of 2 talent agents that will be recorded on camera and sent to you via email within a few days! (Agents name’s TBD)
August 7, 14, 21, 22 & Sept. 4th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
at The Producers Club on West 44th Street
What will be covered?
1. General discussion of the demands of playing comic as opposed to dramatic material.
2. Interactive participation with exercises designed to reinforce the techniques employed in performing comedic material such as: “set-up” “punch” “rhythm” & “timing”.
3. Group scenes to experience “ensemble” acting.
4. Assignment of short scenes taken from theatre and television. Students are rehearsed by Mr. Kline and then their scenes are put on camera for review, of which you will receive a copy of.
5. A wrap-up discussion of the process of marketing, auditioning, and performing in the professional setting.
6. Last Class is the Agent Showcase for 2 Film/TV Agents.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Artistic Director: Tina@NYCastings.com, or call (646) 577-7553.
This class has been running for years with rave reviews from students and here’s just one example!
“Fantastic experience with the Richard Kline Sitcom Workshop from NYCastings! You should always properly vet an acting instructor before taking their class, and there is no one more qualified to teach a sitcom workshop than the great Richard Kline. In this class each student received special one on one attention and notes from a man who worked closely with legends like John Ritter and Don Knotts on one of TV’s top rated programs. The final 2 weeks of the class revolved around Richard preparing us for scenes that we performed in front of a collection of respected casting agents. This class is a golden opportunity for any actor in the NYC area.” – Joe P. Nutley, NJ