Comedy is all about: set-up, punch, rhythm and most of all; timing! In this 5 week workshop, you will learn these key tools that will teach you how to audition and work in TV Sitcoms, by learning from the legendary sitcom Star, Richard Kline.
Richard is best know for his role as Jack Tripper’s best friend, as the warm hearted, yet sleazy used car salesmen, Larry Dallas, in the classic series, ‘Three’s Company.’ But, his credentials extend much further, as he has been consistently working non-stop since. From Blue Blood’s, the American’s, and the theatrical productions of “The Wizard”, Kid Twist in the musical version “The Sting” with Harry Connick Jr., to most recently and currently, “Waitress” on Broadway! Richard is a true force.
All of your work will be recorded on camera and sent to you via email and all materials will be provided for you.
Limited spots available (12 people max) to ensure adequate performance time for all.
Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28, Feb.4 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm
at Pearl Studios | 500 8th Avenue
Click here to secure your spot
$375 (payment plan available)
For more information about this awesome class, email our Artistic Director at email@example.com or call/text at 646-577-7553.
*Please make sure your PayPal email address is updated to ensure receipt of your class confirmation.*
What will be covered?
1. General discussion of the demands of playing comic as opposed to dramatic material.
2. Interactive participation with exercises designed to reinforce the techniques employed in performing comedic material such as: “set-up” “punch” “rhythm” & “timing”.
3. Group scenes to experience “ensemble” acting.
4. Assignment of short scenes taken from theatre and television. Upon rehearsing your scenes with Richard’s direction, they will be recorded on camera in class, of which you will receive a copy of each week.
5. A wrap-up discussion of the process of marketing, auditioning, and performing in the professional setting.
Always a constant, Richard will keep you on your toes continuously and constantly challenge you. It’s Comedy Bootcamp!
For any questions about this class, reach out to our Artistic Director: Tina@NYCastings.com, or call/text (646) 577-7553.
This class has been running for years with rave reviews from students and here’s just one example!
“Fantastic experience with the Richard Kline Sitcom Workshop from NYCastings! You should always properly vet an acting instructor before taking their class, and there s no one more qualified to teach a sitcom workshop than the great Richard Kline. In this class each student received special one on one attention and notes from a man who worked closely with legends like John Ritter and Don Knotts on one of TV’s top rated programs. This class is a golden opportunity for any actor in the NYC area.”
Joe P. Nutley, NJ